Gloria—A Story of
Gloria was homeless on and off for more than a decade. Moving from city to city in Northern California, she came to Fresno in 2007 and lived on the streets. She has seen it all, and lived it all. “I encourage people,” she says. “I’ve been through it all. What I see out there, I’ve lived.”Full Story »
News & Events
Mayor Ashley Swearengin announced on Wednesday, March 28, 2012, that a $275,518 federal grant had been awarded to the Fresno Housing Authority in order to provide permanent housing and other supportive services for 50 homeless veterans in the Fresno area.
The Fresno Housing Authority will partner with the VA’s Central California Health Care System to provide support to eligible veterans using the grant funding.
“This funding will help the City and our partners in our proactive efforts to seek long-term, effective solutions to chronic homelessness,” Mayor Swearengin said. “Our Ten-Year Plan centers on providing people with housing quickly and then providing the services necessary to help the individual achieve independence. This grant aligns perfectly with that effort and allows us to help veterans who have made such incredible sacrifices for our country.”more stories...
- RT @USICHgov: The 2013 Point in Time & Housing Inventory Count guidance is out from @HUDNews! Learn what's new this year & prepa ...
- RT @HomeForGoodLA: #Homeless Individuals Discuss Difficulty of Getting a Voter ID Card http://t.co/D80R5lop
- Our new website launches this week...STAY TUNED! #FirstStepsHome
- RT @WestCareCA: @FirstStepsHome - Thanks for the RT! And thank you for your service to the Fresno community!
- RT @dchunger: Could you live on $4.30/day for food? City leaders will try during the D.C. Food Stamp Challenge, Oct 9-15....
- RT @WestCareCA: I posted 7 photos on Facebook in the album "SJVV at Operation Stand Down" http://t.co/2lYV4yJp